Friday 6 August 2010

Precursor to August and beyond...

Right, so just to update folks who have been tuning in to The Knowledge Of Sound, we're going to start expanding on what we do with this blog now.

Since the death of www.rawnervepromotions.co.uk - first of all the entire rest of site, with thousands (literally) of reviews, news, interviews, profiles and more, and then recently the final heartbeat of Raw Nerve has been and gone in the guise of the end of the forum as well, which had ran for nearly 10 years in total, this leaves a few promoters, labels and bands with one less place to advertise their events and releases. Well, you now have the opportunity to post them on this site. Just email me your flyer, and a web link or two, and I'll get them posted up on here. Whether folks send me stuff or not, I'll still be trying to find for posting up a load of choice stuff put on or played by a load of choice people, so don't complain if your stuff doesn't get shown on here.

August will be another busy month for content here, as we'll be posting up news, gigs and various other things as well as the hundred or so albums I currently have uploading into Mediafire. I shall be including as well, a few more 'local' 'underground' style bands who are hiking their wares out for free on the internet, getting back to the initial roots idea of what Lovely Time's incarnation of the blog was all about. One of the reasons for posting up some more 'known' stuff, get the word around about the blog, is to, then, in turn, get more folks looking at this place, and hopefully they'll check out the smaller bands and they'll get to more ears. I understand and appreciate that blogs that post up music that is still available on CD is a bit of a slap to the music markets, but also, it's embracing the times we live in right now, and is, undeniably, still a medium for still promoting the bands that I personally think folks should be listening to. As with all blogs, if you like the music, buy the CD. Having personally been in bands half my life, yeah it's a shame if someone opts to only download your recording rather than buying it, but I'd rather 1000 people get to hear the album somehow than 1 person buy it and the rest never even know the band exists, and I'm pretty sure a vast majority of folks would feel the same if they really break it down like that. Anyone who doesn't, and sees their release on this blog, then please message me and it will be taken down.

That's the plan anyway, and in the last few weeks, it seems to be working as this place has been getting a lot busier, so, hopefully we can extend on that and get this place thoroughly buzzing with traffic. Me being a stat freak, I'll probably end up posting the site traffic on the page for all to see!

Anyway,
I'll shut up now, because I'm sure you're not interested in this and would rather have music, and see flyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment