Saturday 7 August 2010

ire - i discern an overtone of tragedy in your voice



This should have been posted up ages ago. Very difficult to find four track EP that came out around the same time as Isis's only really good record 'The Mosquito Control' EP and it was better than them even then. They also did a quality album which I'll upload shortly too, but, if you're into your old Isis, Cult Of Luna, Neurosis and all that jazz, then get on this immediately. More akin to bands like Abandon, but good known reference points I guess.

Absolutely pummelingly harsh soundscapes, BIIIIIIIG riffs (bigger than most of the bands who are in that vein of whatever-post-bullshit-term-ism it is you want to brand it), and utterly disturbing vocals. I've put doom and sludge in the tags because I think fans of those styles will dig this the most.

Also, here's a cool picture I found whilst searching (almost to no avail) for a cover scan!



No comments:

Post a Comment